How can we be at mid May already??? Seems like we were just kicking off the ministry year in September and here I am writing a post about wrapping it up. It’s crazy how time flies! Here are some important scheduling things for you to be aware of:
- Sunday, May 14th is our last scheduled Sunday meeting for Alley Teens. Note that Alley Kids is NOT on the same schedule in this regard.
- Wednesday, May 17th will be a party celebrating Affirmation! ALL ALLEY TEENS are invited! Affirmation students will be blessing us with their testimonies and then we’ll celebrate with treats and play games (hopefully outside). PLEASE BRING A TREAT TO SHARE. We’ll supply the lemonade. 6:30 – 8:00 PM.
- Sunday, May 21st is Affirmation Sunday. No Alley Teens that day. But come and support our Affirmation students as they proclaim their belief and faith in Jesus! Plus there will be cake between services!!!!!
- Wednesday, May 24th is our final Wednesday meeting for this school year. It has been declared as a “fun night” and year end wrap up. 6:30 – 8:00 PM. Bring a treat to share and we’ll provide the lemonade. We’ll play games and hopefully be able to be outside!!!
- Sunday, June 11th is our high school graduation recognition Sunday. We will have a slide show of pics of our grads during the services and will have an opportunity to pray for them as well.
Keep an eye on your email in June as we will be planning some summer get togethers for July and August!
You may also want to be aware of the following dates relating to the mission trip:
- Saturday May 20th and Sunday May 21st the team will be cooking and selling brats and hot dogs over at the Von Hansons in Cottage Grove. A portion of the proceeds will go to offset trip expenses. We’ll be there from 9 – 5 on Saturday and 10 – 4 on Sunday. Come join us for some yummy food!
- Sunday, June 11th is another cafe fundraiser at the Alley. Root beer floats and other yummy treats will be on hand. Free-will donations accepted.
- Sunday, June 18th will be the team sending at both services at the Alley.
- We will be on the trip from Sunday June 25th – Friday June 30th. Please pray for us!
I want to take this opportunity to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to our adult volunteer team! Without them, Alley Teens would not be possible! These adults invest a ton of time in our teens and I am so grateful for them!!!!!
As usual, if you have questions or need more information, shoot an email to AlleyTeens@theAlley.org.
The Alley is blessed with incredible young people and it’s a tremendous privilege to be able to spend time with them in Alley Teens!